When you arrive to collect your race materials from the race office, remember to bring along your packed race backbag or vest. We will check your mandatory equipments before delivering your race materials.
All runners must pick-up their materials personally.
You must carry all the mandatory equipment from the start to the finish.
There will be random inspections of mandatory equipments on the all courses.
Mandatory Equipments (37 km – 160 km)
We give you (37 km – 160 km)
- Bib → must be visible on the front side of the runner: a bib number includes the timing chip!
- GPS transmitter → you will get it from the Bib Pickup (available a limited amount)
- Working and fully charged mobile phone protected from water with the saved race emergency phone number +358 40 6605 281
- Elastic adhesive bandage → packed waterproof (min. 6cm x 100cm)
- Water bottle or a hydration reservoir → minimum capacity of 1.5 liter
- Emergency blanket
- Water cup → to prevent wastage: there are no disposable cups at the aid stations!
- Emergency nutrition → at least 250kcal
In addition (55 km – 160 km)
- Waterproof shell jacket (water column value min. 10000mm on Schmerber scale)
- 1x Mid layer shirt, long sleeved (short sleeve t-shirt + arm sleeves do not meet criteria)
Recommended equipments (37 km – 160 km)
- Mosquito repellent!
- Salt → very good aid in case of stomach problems
- Blister patches, sports tape
- Toilet paper
- Waterproof shell jacket (mandatory for 55 km – 160 km)
- Running Poles → If you decide to use poles, they are to be carried throughout the whole race. No poles will be allowed in drop bags.
Drop Bags and Label Stickers (105 km – 166 km)
Your drop bag(s) is included to your race materials by the organizers.
The runners of 160 km will receive 2 dropbags and label stickers: 1 bag for Pallas Aid Station and 1 bag for Peurakaltio Aid Station.
The runners of 105 km will receive 1 drop bag and label sticker for Peurakaltio Aid Station.
Deliveries of the Drop Bags to the Aid Stations and back to Äkäslompolo
160 km’s Runners
Please leave your properly labelled drop bags:
A) to the race office to latest on Friday morning (July 12th) at 9.00 am.
B) to the charter bus, which will leave from Laplands Hotels Saaga on Friday morning at 9.00 am (the bus to the 160 km start). This option only for those, who have booked a charter bus ticket to the start. More detailed instructions at the bus stop.
105 km’s Runners
Please leave your properly labelled drop bag:
A) to the race office to latest on Friday evening (July 12th) at 9.00 pm.
B) to the charter bus, which will leave from Laplands Hotels Saaga on Friday evening at 9.45 pm (the bus to the 105 km start). This option only for those, who have booked a charter bus ticket to the start.
More detailed instructions at the bus stop.
The return of the drop bags
All the drop bags will be returned from the aid stations back to Äkäslompolo on Saturday evening. We will update the strict time asap to this article.
Please, collect your drop bags by Sunday morning. We will update the strict time asap to this article.
After that all drop bags will be transported to Oulu from where you can receive yours by paying the delivery costs.
Additional warm-up clothings at the start areas (160 km, 105 km & 55 km)
In case you need – it’s recommended – some extra gear or clothing at the start area, the race organizer will deliver them back to finish lines in Äkäslompolo or Pallas (55 km). Kindly mark properly your belongings by your name and your bib number. Loose clothing might get dirty or lost, so that pack all your items e.g. to a labelled plastic bag.