Registration opens 21 November 2017.
Land owner Metsähallitus (state-owned enterprise “Administration of Forests”) have admitted allotment of 2,000 runners for this event.
Race will be filled in order of registration, but we reserve right to invite participants bypassing registration queue.
Up to 1 Jul 2018 you can transfer registration to someone else (to sell or give) via self-service link sent to you. In case you have lost that link ask new firstname.lastname@example.org. After 1 Jul 2018 all transfers via race office email@example.com only (service fee 10 €).
In case of medical reasons you can transfer your registration to coming NUTS events by contacting race office firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration fees won’t be returned.
Upgrading inside events are possible by paying the difference.
We accept also following methods as a payment:
- Smartum vouchers (liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli)
- Sport passport (sporttipassi)
Due to closing of MyNextRun service that was handling this before, in case you would like to pay your participation using vouchers kindly contact email@example.com.
|13.7.2018 PERJANTAI / FRIDAY|
|11.00 - 21.00||Numeroiden jako / Bib Pickup kaikki matkat / all distances||Ylläsjärvi|
|16.00||30 KM LÄHTÖ / START||Ylläsjärvi|
|16.15||JUNNUJUOKSU LÄHTÖ / START||Ylläsjärvi|
|20.00||Palkintojenjako / Prize ceremony 30 km||Ylläsjärvi|
|18.00||134 KM LÄHTÖ / START||Ylläsjärvi|
|24.00||30 km maali sulkeutuu||Ylläsjärvi|
|14.7.2018 LAUANTAI / SATURDAY|
|9.00 - 11.30||Numeroiden jako / Bib Pickup 55 km||Pallas|
|12.00||55 KM LÄHTÖ / START||Pallas|
|22.00||Palkintojenjako / Prize ceremony 55 km & 134 km||Hetta|
|Kisabussit / Event buses
Kyydin varanneille / For those who have prebooked
|PE / FRI||Bussi 134 km lähtöön / Bus departs to 134 km start|
Hetan Kota 14.15, Lapland Hotel Hetta 14.20, Hotelli Jussan Tupa 14.25, St1 Enontekiö 14.30, Äkäslompolo Jounin kauppa n.16.05
|Hetta => Ylläs|
|LA / SAT||Bussit 55 km lähtöön / Buses departs to 55 km start|
Hetta) St1 Enontekiö 8.45, Hotel Jussan Tupa 8.50, Lapland Hotel Hetta 8.55, Hetan Kota 9.00
Ylläs) Ylläsjärvi Lapland Hotel Saaga 9.30, Äkäslompolo Jounin kauppa 9.40
|Hetta/Ylläs => Pallas|
|LA / SAT||Bussit majoituksiin / Buses to Lapland Hotel Pallas or Saaga|
Palkintojenjaon jälkeen noin 22.45 ja maalin sulkeuduttua noin 00.30 / After the prize ceremony around 22.45 and after the Elvis has left the building around 00.30
On Friday: Lapland Hotel Saaga
Address: Iso-Ylläksentie 42, 95980 Ylläsjärvi
Phone: +358(0) 16 323 6033
On Saturday: Lapland Hotel Pallas
Address: Pallastunturintie 560, 99330 Pallas
Phone: +358(0)16 323 355
You will get a map, bib number and safety pins. We have GPS tracking devices available for approx. hundred ultra runners. These devices are to be switched on just before start to ensure batteries last till finish (race organiser will instruct at starting point).
134 km runners will get drop bag that can be delivered to race organises on registration or later on at starting point to be used at Pallas aid station.
Please mark your bag clearly with your name and bib number. All drop bags will be transported back to the finish line before Saturday evening.
In case of any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 6605 280 / Eppu.
- 134 km Ylläs-Pallas-Hetta
- 55 km Pallas-Hetta
- 30 km run climbs over Yllästunturi visiting at Kellokas Visitor Center continuing towards Kesänki. Once you have reached top of Kesänki, trail continues to Nilivaara, goes through Äkäslompolo and back to Kellokas where aid station is located (serving at 7km and 21 km point with cut off at 22.00hrs). After the aid station, trail takes you towards Kellostapuli using “kiirunakieppi -trail” coming back to where you started.
134 km / 55 km: Trail follows well marked hiking path from Ylläs to Hetta. Race organisation will add extra markings on difficult parts of the trail.
- Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park details available at Luontoon.fi [icon type=”glyphicon glyphicon-new-window”]
- 30 km runners can download .gpx file to GPS-device at: Movescount NUTS Pallas 30km
- 55 km runners can download .gpx file to GPS-device at: Movescount NUTS Pallas 55km
- 134 km runners can download .gpx file to GPS-device at: Movescount NUTS Pallas 134km
The race map
As mentioned earlier, all runners will get a map when registered for the race. The scale is 1:120 000 which is not suitable for orienteering, but you can still follow your progress on the trail. Map is printed on a waterproof paper so it doesn’t need extra cover. If you like you can find more detailed map “Pallas-Yllästunturin ulkoilukartta” scaled to 1:50 000 from outdoor stores.
We give you
- Bib – must be visible on the front side of the runner, bib number does have the timing chip!
- GPS transmitter – you will get it from the Bib Pickup (available for approx. hundred runners)
- Drop bag – 134km runners will get one drop bag; to be used for Pallas aid station if needed
- Working and fully charged mobile phone protected from water with race emergency phone number +358 40 6605 281 saved
- Elastic adhesive bandage – packed water tight (minimum 6cm x 100cm)
- Water bottle or a hydration reservoir – minimum capacity of 1.5 litres
- Emergency blanket
- Water cup – to prevent wastage there are no disposable cups at the aid stations
- Emergency rations – at least 250kcal
- Mosquito repellent
- Salt – very good aid in case of stomach problems
- Blister patches, sports tape
- Toilet paper
- Shell jacket (windproof will do)
- Poles / telescopic sticks – If you decide to use, they are to be carried throughout the whole race. No poles will be allowed in drop bags.
In addition 55 & 134 km
- Waterproof shell jacket (water column value min. 10000mm on Schmerber scale)
- 1x Single midlayer, long sleeve top (t-shirt + arm sleeves do not meet criteria)
We recommend to use energy gels with closable caps or to squeeze your energy gels beforehand in to small resealable bottles. Please dispose your garbage at the aid stations or the garbage bins at the Race Centre.
Mandatory equipment must be carried from the start to finish; equipment will be checked at the bib pickup.
Additional equipment check for the 134km runners at the Pallas aid station. 55km runners will have random inspections along the trail.
Trekking poles must be carried all the way and they are not allowed in drop bags.
Aid stations: Drop Bag location
|Paikka||55 km||134 km||Väli/Inter||Cumul 55 km||Cumul 134 km||Cut Off|
Water, sports drinks, salty and sweet snacks are available at all aid stations. Aid stations will also take care of at least vegans, gluten frees and those allergic to chocolate. Please pay attention on registration that you inform us on possible special diets.
There are toilets here and there along the way but bring your own toilet paper
Drop bags: 134 km runners can send their drop bags to Pallas. You must bring your bag (the one given by organiser) to the Bib Pickup or hand it over later at starting point. Please mark your bag clearly with your name and a bib number. Drop bags will be returned back to Hetta on Saturday evening.
Use of external aid is only allowed at Aid Stations.
Excessive gear and clothing needed by 134 and 55 km runners: In case you need any extra gear or clothing at starting points, race organiser will transfer them back to Hetta. Kindly mark your belongings properly with your name and a bib number; loose jackets and/or pants might get dirty so pack all items that are to be transferred to plastic bags etc.
134 km and 55 km runners accommodated to Saaga or Pallas: Similar to text above, you can leave “shower&refreshment-kit” at starting point for us to be delivered to finish at Hetta waiting your arrival. Kindly do not pack any glass items (e.g. bottles).
The most common problems are blisters, abrasions, injuries caused after falling and fatigue after running out of energy and dehydration. There is always a risk of hypothermia after your speed gets slow or you must stop. Prepare yourself so that you can help yourself and get to an aid station or to the nearest shelter. It is absolutely mandatory to help others in need. If any of the fellow runners seem to have troubles please ask his/her condition.
In a case of emergency during the run please call to the race’s emergency duty phone.
You must carry a mobile phone in case for any help (for you or for fellow runners). Race organiser can also call you to ask for help for other runners or to check your status. Even tough everything is OK with you when emergency duty number calls – please answer!
Best cellular connections at the rural areas of Lapland are provided by the “Telia” telecom operator. If your phone service is provided by someone else please consider of getting a Telia prepaid SIM. If you change your phone number for the race please remember to change it also to your personal details provided to organisers.
In case you prefer to use your national SIM card, please ensure before the race it works properly (roaming in Finland)
If you decide to quit, please do so only at the aid stations from where you will be guided to the nearest road for a pick up. Note out that even if you did quit, you may have to walk several kilometres to reach the transportation. If you are not able to move, evacuation will be carried out by a rescue helicopter through National Emergency Services. Distances to the nearest roads from the Pallas-Hetta leg: Montellinmaja 3km, Hannukuru 10km, Tappuri 9km, Pyhäkero aid station 2.5km.
55km series will be followed by a race guide from Pallas who dresses on a yellow vest and has working communications to Race Centre.
In case of serious accidents call public emergency number 112 first and ask for help. After that, contact the race’s emergency duty phone +358 40 6605 281
Participants must take care of their own insurance policy.
- The weather might change rapidly at the open fell; it can get very cold and even snow also in July!
- In case of poor visibility (fog, darkness), please pay special attention to the route markings.
- Please be extra careful when crossing roads, rivers or streams.
- If you decide to drink from the streams or rivers it is on your own responsibility!
- The route runs through the National Park so you must stay on the trail!
- Littering is absolutely prohibited!
- The trail is demanding because of steep ups and downhills, slippery stones, roots and muddy areas.
- In a case of sprained ankle remember RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
- Remember to drink enough and do not forget electrolytes.
- All the runners and their actions will make the race safe for everyone! Be safe and take care of your fellow runners.
Showers: There are facilities available at the Race Centre(s). Also, as usual – Palju (hot bath) is next to finish line of 55 / 134 km runs.
After Race meal: This year 134 km and 55 km runners’ after race meal will be served next to finish line at Hetta (30 km runners at aid station located to finish line in immediate vicinity of Lapland Hotel Saaga). The lounge pub will be open on Friday and Saturday at 22:00-02:00.
Runner can be disqualified if
- Unethical behaviour
- Using external aid outside of the aid stations
- Not helping fellow runners in need
- Taking the short cut
- Not visiting all aid stations
Runner will be disqualified if
- Missing compulsory gear. Race steward may carry out inspections along the route to check your equipment.
- Exceeding time limits (30km = 8hrs, 55km = 12hrs, 134km = 30hrs) with following cut offs:
- Aid Stations closing (Cut Off)
- Kellokas 22.00 (30km)
- Peurakaltio 00.00 (134km)
- Pahtavuoma 03.00 (134km)
- Rauhala 05.30 (134km)
- Pallas 11.00 (134km)
- Hannukuru 18.00 (55km, 134km)
- Pyhäkero 22.00 (55km, 134km)
The organiser reserves the right to make changes. Please follow this page for additional information.